Tuesday 2 August 2016

MAD GOOSE!

A buddy of mine was asking for a logo design for a racing car, I was kept in the dark about much of the racing side of things and how it was to be used... all i know is it was to go on a car. The driver, Bert was called 'goose' for some cruel reason but none the less a 'mad goose' was to be the design.

At first prompts the design was to be a caricature of the guy as a goose, something head to toe (bill to flippers...)
Anyway the design entailed to me seemed to involved for something thats to go on a car. A racing car surely has plenty of decals that go unnoticed, so I wanted this to stand out. 

I suggested that he went for a more logo/simplistic approach, just a head or head & shoulders, without the knees and toes. (sorry for all these ridiculous puns, I can't help it) He liked the idea and I went with that.

I went for something in a similar style to decals you find on race cars but give it my own touch. With race car imagery I find lots are heavy on the bold line work and minimal colour and usually encapsulated by a shape to round them off to separate themselves from others. I wanted to go with the colours used in the car and drivers colours.



The final design was to be simple but captivating at any distance and speed, taking into account how it would be used and where. One of the requests from the original brief was to include the helmet on the goose, I thought wearing it would cover the entire head and not counter for anything else. So placing the image in front of it made it more subtle and tied it all together. 

Cheers Drew & Bert

No comments:

Post a Comment